Picture Day Yay!



This picture is from January-February of 2014. I have really good memories associated with this photo, mostly for two things. First, I'm playing drums on an "open-air" scenario, and secondly, because this was an invitation to play a year after we won the "Puerto Rock", a music bands contest from the city of Puerto Montt. I had a really good time playing there, and although I wasn't very comfortable with the sound we were getting with the equalization, we manage to have fun and give a mostly good performance (got to be honest here). For me, is always a lesson to play in front of crowded areas, and we were playing right next to the central square of the city so it was obvious that we were going to be getting attention from the passbyers.

I think it was a very great experience, as it made us take things more seriously in what regards to our form of playing and to who and what we were aiming as players. I think that it makes me think more of the time we won, I'm talking about the year before. It was great, i mean, i had went a surgery around the end of January and after that i had 2-3 weeks to get used to the songs, make patterns for them, and finally being able to play while i was still on recovery. Ii was a great experience of self-effort, it made me think better of myself and my way of playing. Overall, it made me feel confident of my style of playing and of me as a person, something that i really needed at the time.





Comentarios

Entradas populares