My Future Job

Well, for the topic of the video #2 I went outside of the sociology field as I thought that talking about it would not be as fun as talking about other jobs that i cannot reach immediately. So i will tell mostly the same on this blog entry.

Even thought I really like sociology as a field of study, i have always seen myself doing jobs that tend to mix both body and mind. Of course there are a LOT of jobs that mixes those things but i have 2 fields on my head, or at least that i think i could get better at. And i mean like enough to be paid for it. Those fields are essentially Music and Food.

As for the musical side, I have been playing drums for a lot of years and i could make the jump professionaly if i could pull enough strings and enough effort on it. As this is my last year studying sociology, i have been putting a lot of effort on trying to be a little more professional on the musical side, so i could play at venues with other people, and of course, getting out of the "band of covers" spectrum. Lately this has been very fruitful for me, as i have managed to grasp a very reachable horizon of the music world. And as my brother is also inmersed on the bussines of that world, this kind of job could be very reachable in the future.

As for the food field, well this is kind of harder as my idea for working on the food field involves the use of cannabis on it. In both flavour and psychoactive levels. Of course that in Chile this can't be done as cannabis is considered a "hard" drug, but there are places where this is already happening, like on Canada or some states at U.S.A. I would like to be mostly a chef or a "creative force" (I think) on a cannabis tematic restaurant. I want to be the guy that thinks about new ways and approaches to make food that contains this "ingredient". And of course that the idea is to broad the horizons about mixes and preparations, as the idea is not to relay only on the psychoactive principle of the plant. This is really obvious in fact, a tematic restaurant like this can't really rely only on getting people high. Mostly because I tend to consider food as a "recreation" on itself, and the plant has a lot more to offer than just alter the state of mind. Now, talking about experience, I have a lot of experience at cooking, and I'm always seeking new recipes, nonetheless my major problem right now is that i haven't  putt a lot of effort on trying to be scheduled and quick. This is really something that i should look into if i want to make this field reachable as a job on the future. Oh, and of course, maybe escape to a country where i could make this, or keep my hopes up that Chile can change it's views before i become old and my hands become useless.


PS: Don't report me to the PDI

Comentarios

Entradas populares